Sample Legal Secretary Resume
In order to create a sample legal secretary resume, understanding the qualifications and skills necessary for the position are critical.
TIP: When seeking a legal secretary position, be sure to note all the qualifications listed in the job posting and include them in your resume.
Typical Qualifications for a Legal Secretary:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong typing skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills; ability to act as liaison between attorneys and clients
- Proficient computer software skills
- Administrative skills
- Time management skills
- Understanding of legal terminology
Sample Legal Secretary Resume
Chris Jones1220 Main Ave.
Alexandria, VA 21222
Phone: (703) 555-1111
Organized, professional legal secretary with strong administrative and people skills. Able to work independently and prioritize tasks based on attorney and client needs. Proficient in all MS Office applications, type 70 wpm.Experience
HUDSON, JONES & MCDUFF - Washington, D.C. (1999-Present)
Senior Legal Secretary
- Manage all administrative tasks for three senior partners.
- Compose and revise legal documents for attorneys, including letters, depositions, and court filings.
- Answer direct attorney phone lines and act as liaison between clients and attorneys.
- Schedule all appointments and briefings for attorneys, as well as track and maintain busy attorney schedules.
- Track and account for all expenses, utilizing correct client codes and invoicing procedures.
- Ensure legal documents are processed and handled in a timely and efficient manner in order to comply with appropriate regulations and deadlines.
- Schedule all travel arrangements for attorneys, averaging 3 trips per month.
- Train and mentor junior legal secretaries, ensuring compliance and success.
- Working knowledge of Federal Labor Laws.
- File and archive all documents in compliance with state and federal documentation laws.
- Recognized for efforts with "Excellency" award and trip to Bahamas, 2004.
RHONDA L. SMITH, ATTORNEY-AT-LAW - Fairfax, VA (1993-1999)
Legal Secretary/Office Manager
- Managed all administrative and office duties for sole attorney's office.
- Developed automated systems and processes utilizing MS Excel and Access in order to efficiently manage client accounts.
- Facilitated new client accounts through referral and leads program.
- Created and tracked all expenses and client account codes utilizing Quickbooks accounting software.
- Scheduled client appointments and maintained busy attorney calendar.
- Managed an average of 35 client accounts at a time.
- Developed marketing and advertising material to attract new clientele; one direct mail campaign resulted in 12 new client accounts.
LEGAL AID - Washington, D.C. (1989-1993)
Volunteer - Part time
- Assisted clients in need by securing pro bono attorneys for case handling.
- Gained knowledge of legal terminology and procedures.
- Scheduled appointments for Legal Aid attorneys.
- Answered phones and acted as liaison to help clients in need.
Northern Virginia Community College
Several courses towards Associates Degree for Paralegal
Use the above sample legal secretary resume to help you customize and create your own powerful resume.
Return from Sample Legal Secretary Resume to Sample Job Resume
Return to Career Development Help Main Page