Sample of Sales Representative Resume
In order to create a sample of sales representative resume, understanding the qualifications and skills necessary for the position are critical. Before applying for any sales rep position, you should determine if you'd like a position that's commission only versus base and commission. Commission only positions may provide better compensation for excellent performance, but can be detrimental when sales are slow.
Are you tired of cold calling?
If you're pursuing another sales position because of management "scare tactics" or an inability to use old, worn-out sales methods (like cold calling) to get results, I strongly encourage you to read Frank Rumbauskas' book, Cold Calling is a Waste of Time. You can sign up to receive a free preview of the book below. And I promise to use your information ONLY to send you information about the Cold Calling is a Waste of Time book. Take back your life, and your time by getting this free preview:
TIP: When seeking a sales rep position, be sure to note all the qualifications listed in the job posting and include them in your resume. Many sales positions require experience in a particular field or industry, so be sure to check qualifications prior to applying.
Typical Qualifications for a Sales Representative:
- Prospect and follow-up with leads
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Provide solutions for client needs
- Understand product or service benefits
- Time management skills
Sample of Sales Representative Resume
Pat Jones1220 Main Ave.
Anytown, NY 11222
Phone: (212) 555-1111
Motivated, results-driven sales professional with over 3 years experience seeks challenging sales position which will utilize my ability to develop and maintain client relationships. Proven ability to exceed sales objectives through targeted prospecting and follow-up. Excellent communicator focused on providing excellent service to outside clients as well as fellow employees.Qualification Highlights
- Prospecting/Lead Generation
- Customer-Focused Solutions
- Cold Calling
- Exceeding Sales Goals
- Team Player
- Developing Relationships
- Consultative Selling
- Communication Skills
- Account Management
OMNI COMPUTER WHOLESALE - Anytown, NY (2002-Present)
Sell computers and accessories to retail computer stores throughout New York, New Jersey and Pennsylania. Provide ongoing account support through dedicated account management team. Provide ongoing discounts and incentives to existing clients.
- Exceeded sales objectives by at least 12% for past 3 sales quarters.
- Average 4 new clients monthly, adding $13K to monthly revenue stream.
- Provide focused solutions based on clients'targeted customer base.
- Manage 4 major retail chain accounts, accounting for 70% of monthly sales.
- Identify potential clients through targeted prospecting, cold calling and networking.
- Recommend new product ideas to marketing team based on client needs, most recently adding products for integrated telephony solutions.
- Develop and maintain client relationships by personally contacting each client monthly.
- Address client grievances with management, and recommend solutions.
- Utilize ACT to track and manage client accounts.
- Create purchase order numbers and electronic sales forms for efficient order processing.
- Recognized as monthly "STAR" sales employee twice.
- Meet weekly with account management team to develop strategies and improve processes.
New York University
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration - 2002
Use the above sample of sales representative resume to help you customize and create your own powerful resume.
Return from Sample of Sales Representative Resume to Sample Job Resume
Return to Career Development Help Main Page