Sample Project Manager Resume
In order to create a sample project manager resume, understanding the qualifications and skills necessary for the position are critical.
TIP: When seeking a project manager position, be sure to note all the qualifications listed in the job posting and include them in your resume.
Typical Qualifications for a Project Manager:
- Knowledge of project management theories, often prefer PMP certification
- Coordinate different people or teams as needed for project completion
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications, Visio and MS Project or other Project software
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Experience managing and completing projects
- Time management skills
- Creative problem-solver with positive attitude
- Ability to plan and work within project budgets
Sample Project Manager Resume
Chris Jones1220 Main Ave.
Alexandria, VA 21222
Phone: (703) 555-1111
Motivated Project Manager with over 4 years project management experience. Excellent communicator and problem solver with demonstrated ability to promote a positive work environment. Effective money manager with ability to evaluate and secure beneficial vendor contracts. Qualification Highlights
- PMP Certification
- Creative Problem Solver
- Decisive Leader
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Team Player
- Developing Relationships
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
XYZ WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS - Alexandria, VA (2001-Present)
Facility Project Manager
- Coordinate construction and leased facility arrangements for over 500 cell towers throughout the U.S.
- Evaluate and secure vendor contracts for construction projects and/or leased facilities through third party vendors.
- Perform least cost analysis in determining facility project requirements.
- Reduced facility costs by 43% on existing arrangements by renegotiating vendor contracts.
- Plan, organize and implement all aspects of facility projects.
- Consistently meet or exceed timeline and budget constraints for all projects.
- Manage an average of 8 projects monthly.
- Track and communicate project status to upper management through weekly Excel reports.
- Present quarterly progress and status to VP and CFO through Powerpoint presentations.
- Facilitate conference calls with internal departments to review goals and manage progress.
- Recognized by operations department for providing excellent customer service.
- Promoted to Facility Project Manager after 1 year as Facility Provisioning Coordinator.
- Demonstrated commitment to project management theories by completing PMP certification.
Facility Provisioning Coordinator
- Managed internal provisioning orders to outside vendors for leased facilities.
- Analyzed and evaluated cost models to ensure cost compliance.
- Reduced network costs by $3M annually through facility optimization.
- Managed an average of 75 provisioning orders monthly.
- Developed solid relationships with outside vendors and internal Facility Project Managers.
- Proficient in knowledge of telephony networking.
- Promoted team building efforts by training and mentoring new employees with no prior telephony experience.
George Mason University
Bachelor of Arts, Biology
Use the above sample project manager resume to help you customize and create your own powerful resume.
Return from Sample Project Manager Resume to Sample Job Resume
Return to Career Development Help Main Page