Sample Restaurant Manager Resume
In order to create a sample restaurant manager resume, understanding the qualifications and skills necessary for the position are critical.
TIP: When seeking a restaurant manager position, be sure to note all the qualifications listed in the job posting and include them in your resume.
Typical Qualifications for a Restaurant Manager:
- Ability to multi-task
- Work flexible hours
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Working knowledge of cost controls
- Manage daily operations, including staff, scheduling, organization, cleanliness, product quality
- Ability to make quick decisions and solve problems
- Build sales and maximize profits
Sample Restaurant Manager Resume
Rita Smith1220 Main Ave.
Anytown, NY 11222
Phone: (212) 555-1111
Energetic manager with over 7 years restaurant experience seeks challenging restaurant manager position which will fully utilize my ability to manage people and processes. Creative problem solver with ability to maximize profits, motivate staff, and resolve conflict.
STEAK HOUSE INN - Anytown, NY (2002-Present)
- Reduced inventory costs by 33% through evaluating and streamlining vendor selection process.
- Trained waitstaff in effective section management, resulting in increased sales and reduced patron wait times over 3 month period.
- Exceeded restaurant sales goals by 27% for 2005.
- Restaurant voted "Best Restaurant of Anytown" for past 2 years in Anytown Chronicles.
- Motivate waitstaff with weekly sales incentives and rewards.
- Increased customer satisfaction through targeted customer surveys, and implementing top 5 recommendations.
- Restaurant consistently receives rating of 93 or better by state health inspector.
- Developed and implemented "Loyal Patron" program to increase existing customer base and reward loyal clientele.
- Initiated employee empowerment program allowing employees to control and be accountable for patrons' experience.
- Recruit and hire excellent restaurant staff based on attitude and aptitude, resulting in employee churn rate of only 5% over 2 year period.
- Work varied shift schedule including lunch and dinner shifts, opening and closing the restaurant twice weekly.
- Meet weekly with all management staff to coordinate schedules, discuss operations, and set goals.
- Ensure excellent patron experiences by providing superior service and quality food.
PICCOLA'S PIZZERIA - Antyown, NY (1999-2002)
- Provided excellent patron experiences through phenomenal customer service, evidenced by high number of regular patrons requesting to sit in my section.
- Consistently exceeded sales goals by effectively managing sections and ability to multi-task.
- Recognized as "Lead Server" which included mentoring and training new servers, as well as accounting for all waitstaff sales and receipts at least three shifts weekly.
- Gained thorough knowledge of restaurant procedures.
- Rewarded "Most Valuable Team Player" award by peers.
Northern New York Community College
Associate Degree, Small Business Administration and Management
Use the above sample restaurant manager resume to help you customize and create your own powerful resume.
Return from Sample Restaurant Manager Resume to Sample Job Resume
Return to Career Development Help Main Page